Trigger Point Injection Therapy
Active Living Medical Center's Integrative Team Creates Unique-To-You Treatment Programs to Meet Your Individual Needs.
Our patient-centered, collaborative approach allows for each practitioner to approach your health concerns from within their unique specialty, while increasing your treatment options.
What is Trigger Point Therapy?
- Myofascial Trigger Point Therapy, commonly called " Trigger Point Therapy", involves treating "trigger points" which are painful, tense areas in muscles and fascia.
- Trigger points are often caused by muscles that have been torn, bruised, or stiff.
- Myofascial trigger points are one of the most common causes of chronic pain and can be found anywhere on the body. There are three primary techniques for treating trigger points, Manual Trigger Point Therapy, Dry Needling, and Trigger Point Injections.
- Trigger Point Injection Therapy involves injecting a blend of medications designed to reduce painful inflammation, increase blood flow and help the muscle relax. This also supercharges your body's own healing process. Trigger point injection therapy can often provide immediate relief from muscle pain.
How Do I Know if Trigger Point Injection Therapy is Right For Me?
If you suffer with chronic pain, have experienced athletic injuries, have been in a motor vehicle accident, have arthritis pain, or simply want to improve your health, trigger point injection treatment at Active Living Medical Center may be for you.
- Don't take in enough vitamins
- Don't get regular exercise
- Don't get enough sleep
- Have poor posture (including from working on a laptop)
- Have conditions such as:
- Whiplash injuries
- Tension headaches
- "Tennis Elbow"
- Sciatica/Sciatic Nerve Pain
- Ligament Sprains
- Tendon Strains
- Chronic Muscle Pain
How Many Appointments Do I Need?
Our providers create a customized plan based on your number of trigger points, the severity of the original injury, and your pain level. Trigger points that come back in the same spot, those that formed after a car accident or other major injury, and those you have had for years may require more rounds of trigger point injections.
Our Orlando Medical Center hosts an elite, collaborative team of health care professionals. This means that our medical and alternative care providers work together to solve your pain while increasing your body's capacity for optimal healing, in one office!
Are you ready to start your journey towards pain-free living?
Schedule an appointment for Trigger Point Injection Therapy with our team of highly trained doctors, experienced practitioners, and warm staff today!
I've seen many chiropractors and none have been like Dr Jodi and the entire staff. They truly care about your entire well being. The environment is open, friendly, and inviting. Dr. Jodi and physical therapist Joe work together to heal and maintain health. I initially went to them based on a referral and I’m very glad I did!