Active Living Medical Center is Orlando's One-Stop Shop for Responsible Pain Management Treatment
What is Functional Medicine?
Functional Medicine is an evolution in the practice of medicine that better addresses the healthcare needs of the 21st century. By shifting the traditional disease-centered focus of medical practice to a patient-centered approach, functional medicine addresses the whole person, not just an isolated set of symptoms.
Hallmarks of a Functional Medicine approach include:
- Patient-centered care. The functional medicine is focused on patient-centered care, promoting health as a positive vitality, beyond just the absence of disease. It supports the unique expression of health and vitality for each individual.
- An integrative, science-based healthcare approach.
- Root cause analysis. Functional Medicine practitioners look "upstream" to consider the
- complex web of interactions in the patient’s history, physiology, and lifestyle that can lead to illness. The unique genetic makeup of each patient is considered, along with both internal (mind, body and spirit) and external (physical and social environment) factors that affect total functioning. It involves understanding the origins, prevention, and treatment of complex, chronic disease.
- Multiple Modalities. Western medical practices with the integration of what are sometimes considered "alternative" or "integrative" medicine, creating a focus on prevention through nutrition, diet, and exercise; use of the latest laboratory testing and other diagnostic techniques; and prescribed combinations of drugs and/or botanical medicines, supplements, therapeutic diets, detoxification programs, or stress-management techniques.
How Do I Know if Functional Medicine is Right For Me?
If you suffer with chronic pain, have experienced athletic injuries, have been in a motor vehicle accident, have arthritis pain, or simply want to improve your health, functional medicine treatment at Active Living Medical Center may be for you.
Our Orlando Integrative Medical Team uses a Functional Medicine approach to help solve the root cause of your pain and other health conditions.
Are you ready to start your journey towards pain free living?
Schedule an appointment for Functional Medical Services with our team of highly trained doctors, experienced practitioners, and warm staff today!
I've seen many chiropractors and none have been like Dr Jodi and the entire staff. They truly care about your entire well being. The environment is open, friendly, and inviting. Dr. Jodi and physical therapist Joe work together to heal and maintain health. I initially went to them based on a referral and I’m very glad I did!